Henri, the young frenchman
|Faction||America, Benjamin Franklin|
Though a well-intentioned boy, Henri was commonly found getting into trouble, no matter how often he is told to stay out of it; he quite enjoys the fun, excitement, and attention it brings. As Sarah commented in the episode "New York, New York, "Sometimes I think Henri believes this is all just a big party for his benefit!". He frequently expressed his distaste at learning to read English (or studying in general), as he preferred his native language, and would rather be out playing. Henri also had quite an appetite as he was always hungry, even when he had just eaten.
Henri: (Drops some parsley into the bay and shouts) No taxation without representation!
James: Do you even know what that means?
Henri: "Nope. I 'eard the others saying it.
- Henri: (After barely escaping British soldiers) "Zat was fun!"
Henri:" Sam Adams just kicked the bucket."
James:" SAM ADAMS IS DEAD?!" Henri:" No he kicked my bucket!"
- Henri: "If Miss Wheatley can write 'alf as good as she cooks, she must be another Shakespeare!"
- (Henri is propped on James' shoulders, spying on British soldiers in Boston Harbor)
- James: "How many do you see, Henri?"
- Henri: "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq...
- James: "English, Henri, not French"
- Henri: "I'm counting ze English!"
- (Henri and James are located at Bunker Hill)
- James: "Is there a time when you're not hungry?"
- Henri: "Only when I'm eating."
- He became close to Marquis de Lafayette and returns to France with him at the end of the series.
- He is voiced by Kathleen Barr.
- He invented the Henri Code.